Celebrating 50 Years
Welcome to Smith Currie & Hancock
2015 marks Smith, Currie & Hancock’s 50th Anniversary. We are honored to be able to celebrate 50 years of service to our clients. We are grateful to each and every client who has placed their trust in us over the past five decades. We know that trust has to be earned each time it is given, and look forward to continuing to earn that trust for many decades to come.
We also are grateful to all of our employees, past and present, for their service. We are proud that many of our employees have chosen to spend their entire careers at Smith Currie. Similarly, we are honored by the many new employees that have recently joined us to continue Smith Currie’s rich legacy of superior legal service to our clients. The hard work of these dedicated employees is essential in delivering the quality of service our clients expect and deserve.
Last, we are grateful to our families and friends for their constant support. Their patience and understanding as we each work to achieve the right work-life balance in the challenging environment of a law firm is appreciated, and critically important.
As we celebrate our 50th Anniversary throughout 2015 we invite those who have made it possible – our clients, employees, family, and friends – to celebrate this important milestone with us. In addition we are extremely excited about our Fifty for 50 ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN, a series of fundraising efforts, charitable causes, and community outreach activities our attorneys, employees, and all our families will be participating in throughout 2015.
2015 is not just our 50th Anniversary. It also represents a celebration of:
- 45 years of seminars hosted by Smith Currie for our clients, always focused on critical topics and current legal developments
- More than 25 years of publication of Common Sense Construction – a newsletter that goes out to thousands and thousands of clients and other industry contacts
- The publication of the 5th Edition of Common Sense Construction Law – now recognized as a standard in the industry since its first publication almost 20 years ago
- More than 15 years of geographic expansion and growth from our Atlanta roots. We now have offices in Florida, California, Washington DC, and North Carolina to better serve our clients, nationally and abroad.
- Decades of service to the construction and government contracts industries, through publications, seminars, trade associations, and other avenues of service.
Over the past 50 years we have participated in thousands of trials, arbitrations, bid protests and mediations, and counseled clients on even more troubled projects, complex contracts, and disputes. That experience serves one critical purpose—it helps us be better prepared for the next call we get from a client.
We often abbreviate the firm’s name to simply SCH. We believe that these initials stand not only for Smith, Currie & Hancock, but also our core values of:
- Service to the construction and government contracting industries
- Commitment to highest standards of integrity
- Hard work, diligence, and dedication to our clients’ best interests
We intend to continue to honor those values in the coming decades, just as we have for the past 50 years. To everyone who has made it possible for Smith Currie to reach this half-century milestone, we extend our sincerest gratitude. The pride we have for our past is surpassed only by the optimism and excitement we have for our future.