Client Service Philosophy
"Our attorneys take great pride in maintaining Smith Currie's long-established culture of responsiveness to the needs and business objectives of our clients."
The single most important aspect of Smith Currie's practice is client service and satisfaction. Detailed, up-to-date client communications, and client involvement in the decision-making process, are standard practices. We understand that "time is money" in the industries we serve and that premiums are placed on efficiency and responsiveness. Our attorneys and staff are guided daily by these values. We recognize that we are in the client service industry. Accordingly, client phone calls and emails are returned promptly and our attorneys are always accessible outside of traditional "business" hours. We strive to provide our clients with complete information on legal fees and expenses, as well as alternatives to the traditional hourly billing arrangement. As reflected below in Our Ten Points to Remember, our commitment to providing quality legal services at a reasonable cost extends to every client regardless of size.
While we justifiably take pride in major litigation successes, we recognize that litigation or arbitration is always unpredictable and can represent a major investment of time and money. Therefore, we view as equally important the much more numerous "quiet victories" obtained by providing thoughtful and experience-based counsel that enable our clients to achieve their business goals without costly litigation.
Problem avoidance is stressed at Smith Currie. All clients are encouraged to keep abreast of legal developments affecting their business through a variety of services. The firm continues to host a series of annual, regional seminars that combine presentations and workshops with updated written materials focusing on the areas of law relevant to our clients' concerns. We frequently present in-house seminars on a variety of topics tailored to the particular needs of the client. Smith Currie also hosts CommonSenseContractLaw.com, a legal "blog" containing articles and periodic newsletters, all addressing timely legal issues and offering practical insight on matters affecting our clients' operations and their "bottom-line."
OUR TEN POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Our Clients are the most important people in our business, whether we work with them in person, by mail, fax, e-mail, or by telephone.
- Our Clients are not dependent on us; we are dependent on them.
- Our Clients are never an interruption of our work; they are the purpose for it.
- Our Clients' calls and emails are always important; we are not doing them a favor by returning their calls and emails promptly.
- Our Clients are the core of our business; not outsiders.
- Our Clients are not statistics; they are individuals deserving our best efforts.
- Our Clients are not people with whom to argue or match wits; but they will always receive candid and objective counsel.
- Our Clients are people who bring us their needs; it is our job to address those needs efficiently.
- Our Clients are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give them.
- Our Clients are the life blood of Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP.