Honors & Recognition
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" ranks Smith, Currie & Hancock in tier 1 nationally for construction law in 2013.
- Chambers USA 2014 Edition Lists ten Smith, Currie & Hancock attorneys. Click here to see the complete list of our ranked attorneys.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2015 Edition Includes 17 Smith, Currie & Hancock Attorneys. Smith, Currie & Hancock also received a national first-tier ranking in Construction Law for 2014. Click here to see the complete list of our ranked attorneys.
- Super Lawyers' list of "Outstanding Lawyers" consistently includes many Smith, Currie & Hancock attorneys and three have been selected as "Rising Stars." Click here to see the list of our attorneys.
- The Legal 500 US 2013 Edition lists Smith, Currie & Hancock among the leading US law firms and notes its lawyers in the area of Construction Law.
- Martindale-Hubbell includes 25 Smith, Currie & Hancock partners in its directory. Click here to see the list of rated attorneys.
Trade Association and Other Counsel/Leadership Positions
- Robert C. Chambers serves as General Counsel for the Georgia Highway Contractors Association (GHCA), as well as the Georgia Asphalt Pavement Association (GAPA).
- Philip E. Beck is a Member of the Associated General Contractors of America Board of Governors, Chair of the AGC Contract Documents Forum, and Member of the Steering Committee of Services Supply Council.
- Phil is also Chair of the ConsensusDocs Content Advisory Council
- Douglas L. Tabeling has been chosen to serve on the Associated General Contractors of America's Construction Leadership Council Steering Committee and its Project Delivery Forum Steering Committee.
- Charles E. Rogers served as the Chair of the Working Group of the Associated General Contractors Contract Documents Committee that was responsible for drafting a ConsensusDOCS Design Professional- Consultant Agreement.
Bar Association Leadership Positions
- Philip E. Beck is Chair of the Atlanta Bar Association Construction Law Section
- Eric L. Nelson is Chair of the American Bar Association Public Contract Section (Construction Division)
- Charles E. Rogers is serving on the Steering Committee for Division 5 of the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry.
- Lisa Colon Heron serves on the American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, Diversity Committee, Division 7.
- Hubert J. Bell, Jr., serves as Chair of the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Public Contract Law's Education Fund. He also previously represented ABA on the American Arbitration Association’s National Construction Dispute Resolution Committee.
- In Georgia, Mr. Bell is a member of the Georgia State Disciplinary Board and the Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution of the Georgia Supreme Court.
- Garrett E. Miller served as a Vice Chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the American Bar Association's Public Contract Law Section for 2012-2013.
- Brian A. Wolf is Past Chairman of the Construction Law Committee of the Florida Bar, Real Property Section.
- Mr. Wolf is Past Chairman of the Construction Law Committee of the Broward County Bar Association.
Trade Association Board of Directors Appointments
- Brian A. Wolf serves on the Board of Directors of the Associated Builders and Contractors, Florida East Coast Chapter and the State Board of Directors of the Associated Builders and Contractors of Florida.
- Mr. Wolf also serves on the Board of Directors of the Financial Managers Association of South Florida.
- He is Vice-Chairman, Legislative Committee, Construction Association of South Florida.
- Lisa Colon Heron is the Regional Director for the Women Construction Owners and Executives.
- Lisa Colon Heron serves on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Minority Contractors.
- Douglas L. Tabeling serves on the Board of Directors for AGC Georgia, the AGC Georgia Legislative Committee, and the Executive Committee of the AGC Georgia Young Leadership Program as its Past Chairman.
- Joseph J. Dinardo serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia, inc., on its Educational Steering Committee.
Special Individual Honors
- Thomas J. Kelleher, Jr., received the “President’s Coin Award” from the Associated General Contractors of America for extraordinary service to the Association and the construction industry.
- Hubert J. Bell, Jr. and Eugene J. Heady were elected to become Fellows of the American Bar Foundation.
- Charles W. Surasky was named the National Utility Contractors Association's (NUCA) 2009 Associate Member of the Year. Charles is counsel for the Georgia Utility Contractors Association and an active member of the National Utility Contractors Association. He has served as a member of GUCA's board of directors and was GUCA's 2003-2004 Associate Member of the Year.
- Brian A. Wolf was selected by the Daily Business Review as the 2008 “Most Effective Lawyer” in South Florida in the Real Estate and Construction category for his representation of the ABC, AGC, CASF, and FCOC against Miami-Dade County. Click here to read the Daily Business Review article.