Honors & Recognition
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" ranks Smith, Currie & Hancock in tier 1 nationally for construction law in 2013.
- Chambers USA 2013 Edition Lists 9 Smith, Currie & Hancock attorneys. Click here to see the complete list of our ranked attorneys.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2013 Edition Includes 15 Smith, Currie & Hancock Attorneys. Smith, Currie & Hancock also received a national first-tier ranking in Construction Law. Click here to see the complete list of our ranked attorneys.
- Super Lawyers has released its list of outstanding attorneys for 2013 and 26 Smith, Currie & Hancock attorneys have been named. Click here to see the list of our attorneys.
- The Legal 500 US 2013 Edition lists Smith, Currie & Hancock among the leading US law firms and notes its lawyers in the area of Construction Law.
Trade Association Counsel/ Leadership Positions
- Robert C. Chambers serves as General Counsel for the Georgia Highway Contractors Association (GHCA), as well as the Georgia Asphalt Pavement Association (GAPA).
- Philip E. Beck was named Vice Chair of the AGC Contract Documents Committee.
- Charles E. Rogers is serving as the Chair of the Working Group of the Associated General Contractors Contract Documents Committee that is responsible for drafting a ConsensusDOCS Design Professional- Consultant Agreement.
- Douglas L. Tabeling has been chosen to serve on the Associated General Contractors of America's Construction Leadership Council Steering Committee for 2013-2016. Doug also serves on the Board of Directors for the Associated General Contractors of Georgia and as the Chairman of the AGC Georgia Young Leadership Program.
Bar Association Leadership Positions
- Hubert J. Bell, Jr., has been appointed by the American Bar Association (ABA) Board of Governors to represent it on the American Arbitration Association’s National Construction Dispute Resolution Committee.
- Charles E. Rogers is serving on the Steering Committee for Division 5 of the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry for 2012.
- Lisa Colon Heron serves on the American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, Diversity Committee, Division 7.
- Garrett E. Miller serves as a Vice Chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the American Bar Association's Public Contract Law Section for 2012-2013.
Trade Association Board of Directors Appointments
- Brian A. Wolf serves on the Board of Directors of the Associated Builders and Contractors, Florida East Coast Chapter and the State Board of Directors of the Associated Builders and Contractors of Florida.
- Mr. Wolf also serves on the Board of Directors of the Financial Managers Association of South Florida.
- He is Vice-Chairman, Legislative Committee, Construction Association of South Florida.
- Lisa Colon Heron is a Regional Director for the Women Construction Owners & Executives.
- Lisa Colon Heron serves on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Minority Contractors, Southeast Florida Chapter.
Special Individual Honors
- Thomas J. Kelleher, Jr., received the “President’s Coin Award” from the Associated General Contractors of America for extraordinary service to the Association and the construction industry.
- Hubert J. Bell, Jr. and Eugene J. Heady were elected to become Fellows of the American Bar Foundation.
- Charles W. Surasky was named the National Utility Contractors Association's (NUCA) 2009 Associate Member of the Year. Charles is counsel for the Georgia Utility Contractors Association and an active member of the National Utility Contractors Association. He has served as a member of GUCA's board of directors and was GUCA's 2003-2004 Associate Member of the Year.
- Brian A. Wolf was selected by the Daily Business Review as the 2008 “Most Effective Lawyer” in South Florida in the Real Estate and Construction category for his representation of the ABC, AGC, CASF, and FCOC against Miami-Dade County. Click here to read the Daily Business Review article.